Sunday, March 26, 2017

Have An Otterly Great Birthday!

I am back with another card that was inspired by Lawn Fawnatics first card challenge theme: happy birthday along with the colours for this week's Color Throwdown challenge: orange, turquoise and yellow. It features a really cute otter from Lawn Fawn's Year Five stamp set. I just love this stamp!
To create this card, I first stamped the images with memento tuxedo black ink and coloured them in with copic markers. Since I don't have the coordinating dies, I had to cut the images out myself. I also cut a slit on the front arm of the otter so that it looked like it was holding the presents. Next, I die cut two panels with the largest stitched rectangle from white cardstock paper. With one of the stitched rectangle panels, I die cut the waves using the Ocean Waves Trio die set. I did the same on vellum paper. Using the distress ink in Peacock Feathers, I did some ink blending on the edge of the wave and then splattered it with water drops. 
Next was to create the sun ray background. To do this, I cut a triangle out of scrap cardstock and used it as a template to pivot around in a semi-circle on the center of the card to mark each sun ray on the other white stitched rectangle panel. Using post it notes as my mask, I did ink blending with distress inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Carved Pumpkin to create the sun rays. 
Then I assemble the card together, first with gluing the coloured images with glue and the ocean waves. The top wave panel had a foam sheet behind it to give it some depth. 
Lastly, the sentiment is heat embossed with clear embossing powder except for the word Otterly, I used a turquoise colour embossing powder instead so that it stands out. For the finishing touch, I added yellow and orange star sequins. That completes the card!
Materials used:
- Lawn Fawn - Year Five
- Lawn Fawn - Party Animal
- Lawn Fawn - Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables
- Mama Elephant - Ocean Waves Trio
Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Carved Pumpkin, Peacock Feathers
- Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black
- Versamark watermark stamp pad
- EK Success Powder Tool
- Recollections Embossing Powder in Clear
- Recollections Signature Embossing Powder in Tourmaline
- Recollections Signature Vellum Paper
- Staples White 110lbs Cardstock Paper
- Elmers Foam Sheet
- Copic Markers
- Sakura Gelly Roll in White
- Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer
- Hampton Art Stamp Perfect
- Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider
- Star Sequins

This card will be entered in the following challenges. You can click on their badge to learn more about it. 

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #1 - Happy Birthday
Stamp Ink Paper Challenge #91
Color Throwdown #435
Thanks for dropping by!

*Hugs*

Nathalie @ natnatbot

5 comments:

  1. I love your card, all the details are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! Great use of the sketch and colors! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an amazing card! I love the bright colors and the detailed design! It makes me smile! Thanks for joining us for our first Lawn Fawnatics challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Love the little party hat and your sun rays are amazing. Thanks for sharing your process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and 100 watts of cheerful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete