Monday, March 6, 2017

Thank You For Bee-ing There

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. It went by so quickly but I was able to finish this card featuring a little honey bee. oh it's so adorable. 

The layout is from the current Freshly Made Sketches Challenge and I also added a tag onto the card to participate in the SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge. But more importantly, I wanted to try my new markers. I bought the new Artist's Loft brush markers that are supposed to be dupes of the Zig clean color real brush markers. I don't own any zig markers so I couldn't really compare but I have to admit the AL brand is not too bad. After trying them, I want more colors to add to the collection. 12 isn't enough. :)

To create the card, I started off die cutting a scalloped rectangle panel from watercolor paper. Then using a stamp position tool I used SSS Sketch Ranunculus to build my flower scene. I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink first and then stamped it again with Versamark ink so that I can heat emboss it with clear powder. 
Next was the fun part. I used my new Artist's Loft brush markers and Sakura's water brush to colour in the images. Then, I used a portion of a sentiment from MFT Cool Cat stamp set and heat embossed it on black cardstock so it would really stand out. I cut an A2 size rectangle panel from dark purple cardstock and used a border die to give it some interest. 
After all the elements were complete, I used the tag die to diecut from the floral panel and used double sided foam tape to prop it up. I did the same to the bee, heart and sentiment. Last finishing touches are adding the wink of stella and glossy accents. 

I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I had fun making it. 
This card will be entered in the following challenges. Click on the badge to learn more about it. 

Freshly Made Sketches 277
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Tag You're It
Addicted to Stamp and More Challenge 231: Anything Goes

Here is a list of the materials used:
- Simon Says Stamp - Sketch Ranunculus 
- My Favorite Things - Tag Builder BP5
- My Favorite Things - Cool Cat for the sentiment
- Mama Elephant - Fine Trimmings for the border die
- Lawn Fawn - Hello Sunshine for the bee and heart
- Lawn Fawn - Scalloped Rectangle Stackables
- Artist's Loft Brush Markers
- Sakura Water Brush - Small
- Versamark watermark stamp pad
- Versafine Onyx Black Pigment Ink
- Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black
- Hampton Art Stamp Perfect
- Staples White 110lbs Cardstock Paper
- Artist's Loft Watercolor Paper 90lbs
- Recollections Cool Water Cardstock
- Recollections embossing powder in White and Clear
- EK Success Powder Tool
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Wink of Stella in Clear
- 3M Scotch 1/2" by 36 yard Double Sided Foam Tape
- Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue


Thanks for dropping by!

*Hugs*

Nathalie @ natnatbot

6 comments:

  1. What a great design with the added tag! The colors are so pretty and vibrant...lovely coloring. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these bright, happy colors! Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous is your card? Love the inlaid tag. Colours are pretty. I love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Tag You're It Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear your Inlaid TAG is clever
    I never did this I love making TAG card too
    and the colors of your flower are adorable so soft and vibrant too
    and your embossing in Black so tidy clean and no other white sprinkle from the emboss powder wooww
    LOVE YOUR CARD miss lady
    Many thanks to joining with us at ATSM this week
    hugs
    Monika (ATSM DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card....love your wonderful design!!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments. I am so glad you liked the card. *Hugs* Thank you for creating such creative challenges. They are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete