Sunday, April 30, 2017

Thinking of You ...

 Hope you had a wonderful Sunday. It's natnatbot again with another card. I was browsing around instagram and saw so many beautiful watercolor floral cards that inspired me to make one too. This card I made features the Lotus stamp set from Waffle Flower and the Zig clean color real brush pens.
To create this card, I used Versamark ink to stamp out the images on watercolor paper. Then, I used white embossing powder and heat set it. I like using embossing powder when it comes to water coloring so that my colour stays within the lines. I used the Zig clean colour real brush pens in 21 Light Carmine, 51 Lemon Yellow and a water brush to colour in the lotus. For the stem, I used 48 Emerald Green and 49 Green Shadow. Then I outlined the flower with 302 Haze Blue. 
With Versamark ink again, I stamped the sentiment and the dragonfly images and also heat set it with embossing powder. Then with Zig 21 Light Carmine, I scribbled it on a acrylic block and put water on it so that I can flick little splatters on the panel. To finish it off, I cut a half inch strip of cardstock with gold foil and glued it on the left side of the panel. With double sided foam tape, I adhered the watercolour panel on the card. That completes this simple and delicate looking card.  
Supplies used on this card:
- Waffle Flower - Lotus stamp
- Simon Says Stamp - Handwritten Borders
- Sakura Water Brush - Medium
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens in 21, 51, 48, 49, 302
- Versamark watermark stamp pad
Recollections embossing powder in Snow and Champagne
- EK Success Powder Tool
- Staples White 110lbs Cardstock Paper
- DCWV White Cardstock with Foil
- Artist's Loft Watercolor Paper 90lbs
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- Hampton Art Stamp Perfect
- Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider
- 3M Scotch 1/2" by 36 yard Double Sided Foam Tape

This card will be entered in the following challenges. You can click on its badge to learn more about it and to participate.

Muse Challenge #213
Markerpop #119 Watercolor Florals
Addicted to Stamps and More #239 - Clean and Simple
CASology Week 246: Season
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Thanks for dropping by!

*Hugs*

Nathalie @ natnatbot

8 comments:

  1. your coloring is super B Nat
    and you added the splatter perfectly not too much and not so less..
    I still learn how to give a good splatter
    so adorable flower card you have made Nat
    Many thanks to joining this time with us at ATSM
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favourite floral stamps - love the blended colours! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful light coming from your flowers - great colouring. So happy you could play in the CASology challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card. Really pretty flowers. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow such a wonderful card Nat!
    Those flowers are so pretty and delicate. And your water coloring is very beautiful with those blended colors.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the inking and colors! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete