Thursday, June 16, 2016

Happy Birthday Sis!

It's my sister's birthday! She turned 25 today. (A nice shiny quarter)

I wanted to make her a special card. She loves unicorns and rainbows, so why not use the stamp set from Mama Elephant. I also added a little more pizzazz by making it a shaker card. This is my first shaker card and I ran into some issues putting it together, but the results still came out fantastic. Lessons learnt for the next shaker card. :)



I cut a circle from my card base and put transparency film on the back as this will be my window for the shaker card. I stamped the sentiment with Versafine black pigment ink and heat embossed it. I really like how the happy birthday wording came out with the rainbow effect. I set up the stamp in my homemade Misti so the word stamped in the exact same place every time and used each colour ink of the rainbow for that ombre effect. Then I went back and used my Versamark Ink to heat emboss it so the words really popped. 


Next I stamped out the images and diecut the rainbow and coloured them with Copic markers. I used the wink of stella on the unicorn wings and the icing of the cupcake. I did about 3 coats but it didn't really show up on camera but in person it really sparkled. Then I added glossy accents in the same places. The background of inside the shaker card was blended with distress ink. 

Then I added a whole bunch of different coloured heart shaped sequins and a few clear circle sequins in the center of the card. Double sided foam tape was added on the back of the cover and brushed with my powder tool to remove the static. Then I carefully placed it on top trapping the sequins inside. I gave it a little shake and that's it. My shaker card is done. 



For the envelope I used an embossing folder to make the hearts rise and used the Alphabet blocks to diecut the name. 

I hope you enjoyed this card. 

Materials used:
- Mama Elephant - Unicorn and Rainbow stamp & coordinating dies
- Mama Elephant - Rainbow High Creative Cuts
- Lawn Fawn - Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables
- Lawn Fawn - Party Animal for the word happy birthday
- My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Circle Stax
- Copic Markers: BV000, BV00, R81, Y21, R11, B00, G00, RV00, BG70, BG13, N0, 0
- Memento Dye Inks: Lady Bug, Tangelo, Dandelion, Pear Tart, Summer Sky, Lulu Lavender, Angel Pink, Tuxedo Black
- Versafine Onyx Black Pigment Ink
- Versamark Stamp Pad
- Zing! Clear embossing powder
- Distress Ink in Spun Sugar for the background
- Wink of Stella - Clear
- Multicoloured Heart Sequins
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Staples 110lbs White Cardstock Paper
- Double Sided Foam Tape
- Transparency Film
- EK Success Powder Tool
- Recollections Purple & Pink Cardstock Paper for the envelope
- SimonSaysStamp Alphabet Blocks
We R Memory Keepers Next Level Heart Embossing Folder

This card is going to be submitted for the SimonSaysStamp Challenge: Animal Magic.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

Thank you for stopping by!

*Hugs*

natnatbot





2 comments:

  1. Love your take on the Animal challenge - this is such an awesome card.
    Thanks for joining in at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous shaker card for your sister. I have a few crafting questions if you do not mind contacting me at jeandonny2000 at hotmail dot com. I looked at your site for a contact me button but didn't find it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete