Sunday, April 23, 2017

Giddy Up - Stamp Ink Paper Challenge 95 - A Sketch

Happy Sunday everyone. Today, I like to share with you a card I made for the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge 95.  This card features Mama Elephant's Rowdy Raccoons stamp set. 
Here is the sketch for the challenge to create the card from. You can click on the sketch if you like to learn more about the challenge or to participate.
First, I stamped the raccoon image with Memento tuxedo black ink and coloured it in with Copics markers. With scissors, I cut out the image leaving a small white border around it. Then, I used a Simon Says Stamp small stitched rectangle die to cut out a panel out of white cardstock and ink blended the edges with distress ink in walnut stain. Once that was done, I stamped the sentiment with Versafine onyx black ink and coloured in the letters with a red colour copic marker. 
Using the largest stitched rectangle die from Simon Says Stamp, I cut out a panel from kraft cardstock. This will be the a panel with the sun rays. I wish I had a stencil for this but I am going to show you an alternative way to create sun rays. 
I die cut the sun die using MFT Die-namics Sunny Skies from some scrap cardstock making sure to leave a lot of white space around the cut out. I used the negative image to ink blend with distress oxide ink on the kraft cardstock. After that was done, I just followed the lines of the rays and used painters tape as my guide to ink blend the rest of the sun ray. I really like how the distress oxide ink looks on the kraft cardstock. 
I die cut a A2 size panel from black cardstock and adhered the kraft sun ray panel with my ATG. Then I taped the smaller stitched panel at an angle to match the sketch and added the raccoon image with double sided foam tape to make it pop up. Last finishing touches was the addition of glossy accents to sentiment, horse and lasso. 
That completes this card. I hope you enjoyed it. 

Here are the supplies used on this card:
- Mama Elephant - Rowdy Raccoons
- My Favorite Things Die-namics - Sunny Skies 
- Simon Says Stamp - Stitched Rectangles Dies
- Lawn Fawn - Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables Dies
- Distress Oxide Ink in Fossilized Amber
- Distress Inks in Walnut Stain
- Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink
- Staples White 110lbs Cardstock Paper
- Recollections Cardstock in Kraft and Black
- Copic Markers
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- Hampton Art Stamp Perfect
- Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider
- 3M Scotch 1/2" by 36 yard Double Sided Foam Tape
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool

Thanks for dropping by!

*Hugs*

Nathalie @ natnatbot

2 comments:

  1. Thats a very cute image and card. You've done a great job colouring Nathalie. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp, Ink, Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my, how cute is this! And what a great way to use that die...which I have! Might have to try that trick! Thanks for playing with the SIP sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete