Friday, April 7, 2017

Happy Day to the Mr & Mrs...

Hi everyone. Welcome to April. Today I like to share with you a card that was inspired by this week's Muse challenge. It so nice to see the bond of two people grow together. I call this card a happy day to the Mr & Mrs. 
To create this card, I first die cut with the stitched rectangle die a panel out of black cardstock as well as a circle out of scrap paper. The circle will be my mask and placed in the center of the card. Next, spelling out Mr & Mrs out of Violets ABCs stamp set on an acrylic block with grid lines and started stamping left to right with versamark ink then staggering the sentiment on each line. I removed the circle mask and used the white embossing powder and heat set it. 
For the groom cat, I stamped the top hat with versafine onyx black ink, then stamped the cat image from the Three Amigos stamp set making sure to align the head so it looked like he was wearing the hat. I covered it with clear embossing powder and heat set it.  For the bride cat, I stamped the flower with versamark ink and heat embossed it with red embossing powder. Then I created a mask for the flower so that I could align and stamp the cat image with versafine ink to look like it was wearing the flower. I removed the mask, applied clear embossing powder and heat set it. I did the same with the message happy day and the heart image with red embossing powder. 

I attached the bride and groom cat on the card with double sided foam tape on the center of the card. The last finishing touch was the silver jewel on the flower head band. 
Materials used on the card:
- Mama Elephant - Three Amigos
- Lawn Fawn -Violet's ABCs
- Lawn Fawn - Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables
- My Favorite Things - Stitched Circle STAX
- Versafine Onyx Black Pigment Ink
- Versamark watermark stamp pad
- EK Success Powder Tool
- Recollections Embossing Powder in Clear and White
- Zing! Embossing Powder in Rouge
- Staples White 110lbs Cardstock Paper
- Recollections Cardstock Paper in Black
- Copic Markers
- Hampton Art Stamp Perfect
- Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider
- 3M Scotch 1/2" by 36 yard Double Sided Foam Tape

This card will be entered in the following challenges. You can click on their badge to learn more about it. 

Muse Challenge #210
Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #236 - Anything Goes
Thanks for dropping by!

*Hugs*

Nathalie @ natnatbot

6 comments:

  1. Hey - this is awesome! I love how you ran with the wedding theme but with quite different colours & also how you adapted your cute cat stamps to suit the occasion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black and white with a pop of colour - so dramatic and so successful! A stand out wedding card - one to be remembered. I love the MR and MRS background.
    Thanks for joining us at ATSM
    Elaine DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful attention to detail. A great background and adapted images.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty in black, white and red Nathalie and love the two cute images and tbe repeat stamping in the background. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really a sweet card. Love the use of black and red and white. Wonderful take on Anita's card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you took the inspiration and made it your own. I can still see the elements you used, though! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, nat!

    ReplyDelete