Tuesday, June 7, 2016

MFT Color Challenge 46 - Happy Purr-thday!

Happy Purr-thday to all the June babies out there.  This card is for you and for the My Favorite Things Color Challenge #46. 




These are the colours I had to work with. You can find out more about the MFT color challenge by clicking the banner below.



I love the MFT Cool Cat stamp. Each cat is so unique and has their own personality. My goal is to use each cat on a different card so I had to feature one on this card. Here is the design...


To create this simple card, I die cut the light blue and ivory cardstock with the Lawn Fawn Large stitched rectangle die. Then I used 2 of the MFT Die-namics Stitched Circle dies to create the inlay and propped the top light blue cardstock with foam to give it some dimension. Then, I stamped out the images with my Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured them with Copic and Spectrum Noir markers. 




I love using glossy accents because it makes the image pop. I used it on the party hat, the top of the cake, the trim of the pillow and the cat's nose, ears, paws and tail. Then I finished the cat by darkening its eyes, whiskers and smile with the Sakura gelly roll pen. The sentiment is stamped with Versafine Black ink and embossed on a kraft colour rectangle stitched cardstock that was die cut from the smallest SimonSaysStamp stitched rectangle die set. Lastly, I used the confetti die on the same colour cardstock used throughout the card to sprinkle some stars, dots and sequins. 

That's it.... easy eh? 



These are the materials used on this card:

- My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Circle Stax
- My Favorite Things - Cool Cat Stamp
- Lawn Fawn - Party Animal for the party hat and cake
- Mama Elephant - Confetti Die
- Lawn Fawn - Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables Dies
- SimonSaysStamp - Stitched Rectangle - used the smallest size
- Recollections 'Seaside' Cardstock
- Staples 110lb White Cardstock
- Copic Markers: R11 / R20 / B00 / E31
- Spectrum Noir marker: FS1
- Elmers Foam Sheets
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink
- Zing! Clear embossing powder
- 4mm Clear Circle Sequins
- TomBow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue
- Sakura Gelly Roll in Black

Thanks for dropping by. See you next time.

*Hugs*

natnatbot

1 comment:

  1. Very cute card. MFT has the cutest stamp line by Torico.

    ReplyDelete