Sunday, June 12, 2016

Welcome Baby featuring Mini Peeps

Hello. My sister's good friend was having a baby shower so this card is for the happy couple. She didn't know the gender of the baby so I kept it neutral using yellows and grays. 


I used a really cool lettering die by SimonSaysStamp called Alphabet Blocks. It's really neat because you get the letters to create the word twice. It cuts out like the way I did above by and you will also have the negative cut outs to use on an additional card. It was my first time playing around with it and here's a tip: If you want to give it some dimension, adhere the foam to the card stock first before cutting it. I made the mistake of not doing that and I had to fussy cut foam and double sided tape to line up the letters. It took a lot of time to do it.


Next I used the Lawn Fawn flower die on white card stock and stamped and embossed the welcome sentiment on it. I stamped the baby peeps and filled it in with glossy accents. 


The card is very simple as I wanted the printed background to really stand out. 

Materials used: 
- Simon Says Stamp - Alphabet Blocks for the word Baby
- Simon Says Stamp - My Kind of Peep for the mini peeps
- Lawn Fawn - Flower Border
- Lawn Fawn - Stitched Rectangle Stackables
- Lawn Fawn - Little Bundle for the word Welcome
- Recollections Paddywack Paper Pad for the background
- Recollections Cardstock Paper in Yellow and Gray
- Staples 110lb White Cardstock Paper
- Copic Marker: R20
- Versafine Onyx Black Pigment Ink
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Zing! Clear embossing powder
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Tombow Stamp Runner Dot Adhesive

I am also entering this in the SimonSaysStamp Monday Challenge: Summer Garden.
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog

Thanks for stopping by. 

*Hugs*

natnatbot

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card! I love the soft colors and design. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this card! Absolutely darling!

    ReplyDelete